Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What I want to be when I grow up


Last night while cleaning up my desk. . . a task I do not do enough apparently. . I found Abby's papers from church on Sunday. Their lesson that week was "I am special because God made me". The filled out a little information sheet like, "What is your favorite food, What is your favorite thing to do. . " Anyway, you get the picture. On the question "What do you want to do when you grow up?" Abby wrote be a teacher. Now this is the first I had ever heard of this so today I asked her about it. I said Abby I did not know you would like to be a teacher, that is great. She said "Oh mom I just put that, I dont really want to be a teacher." Well Abby, I said, what do you want to do. She answered.. "Oh, live at a house and just watch tv and eat snacks, play and not really do anything". . . HA HA HA.


I could not stop chuckling for several reasons. One, does she think that house is going to be our house? and two, who does she see that does that? Then it dawned on me, does she think that is what I do!!!! I guess imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery, but come on. . . I at least fold clothes when I am watching tv!!!!!


Abby . . . Whatever you choose to do in life, I hope you do it with as much humor, strength and resolve as you have in your life right now. The sky is the limit for you little one, I hope you dream as big as you want to !

1 comment:

aunt kk said...

that is my niece. she must take after me