Sunday, April 13, 2008

THE TOOTH FAIRY

Sunday March 30th, Abby lost her first tooth. Daddy and Abby went into the bathroom and about five minutes later she came out and showed me the tooth. She did not cry at all. I am so proud of her and of Greg. He is much braver than me. The whole idea of pulling out something that is attached to bone and gums about makes me sick. Greg had a great moment as a father. Abby was a champ! We found my old tooth fairy pillow and attached a little envelope to it and put it by her pillow for the tooth fairy to come. She could not stop smiling or sticking her tongue into the hole and feeling it. She said it felt weird. Then there were several questions about what the tooth fairy actually does with the teeth she takes home. I had few ideas but Abby thinks that she makes them into stars. . . .saved by her imagination. After tucking her in, she fell asleep quickly and the next morning she came running into our room with her sweet grin and informed us the tooth fairy had come. She left Abby a note and two dollars. Another first for Abby... you sure are keeping us on our toes these days. We love you.


The puller and the patient.
All done and no tears!
Look mom, here is my tooth.
Waiting for the tooth fairy.

No comments: